Join us 'plogging' (a combination of jogging and picking up litter) on August 24th!
Eco Marine Adventure Cleanup is collaborating with The Green Race and Exchange and Empower for a coastal trail cleanup ‘plog’ on the eastern shore of Silvermine Bay in Mui Wo from 2:00pm to around 5:00pm.
The event will share a start and finish in Silver Plaza, Mui Wo with the Tigershead GreenRace 16km route and ploggers and runners will be able to cheer each other on! Ploggers will jog/hike as a group or in a few groups whilst picking up rubbish on the trail/shoreline between the race start line, Silvermine Bay main beach to Man Kok. We will then turn around and head back to the start/finish area for a total distance of around 7km. Ploggers are expected to finish at around the same time as some of the 16km race participants and can share the finish area, drinks and snacks provided by The Green Race!
As an extra incentive, ploggers will receive 50% off a future race entry (discount worth ~HKD250) to one of the short course races hosted by The Green Race. The event will be raising funds for Exchange and Empower using the Bravera platform. We strongly recommend that each participant raise a minimum of HKD200 with a goal to raise HKD8240 in total for the event. Please connect to Bravera via the link (to be provided later) and ask your friends and family to support your plog and this fundraising effort!
Meeting Time and Date: 1:45pm for 2:00pm start, Saturday 24 August 2019
Place: Silver Plaza, 8 Chung Shing St, Mui Wo https://goo.gl/maps/TWRK3HB6DZg6PKEE9
Transport: Ferry from Central Pier 6 or 3M bus from Tung Chung
What to Wear: Hiking/Sports clothes and shoes. Closed toed shoes only. Sun hat and other sun protection like umbrella and sunscreen. Weather is expected to be hot.
What to Bring: A reusable container with at least 1 L of water and some snacks if you are the hungry type. Single use plastic water and drink bottles like Bonaqua, Coke etc are prohibited. Try to minimize other single use food wrapping/packaging as well. Also bring sunscreen, mosquito spray and possibly a change of clothes. Eco Marine will provide gloves and small sized rubbish bags suitable for plogging. Feel free to bring your own gloves and tongs.
Signup: click GOING on the FB event page if you will join us.
If you use Strava please also sign up using the link to be provided later in the comments section of the FB event page to connect to Bravera to help raise funds for the event.
Disclaimer: By joining this event, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions contained in this disclaimer, and agreed to exonerate the event leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the event from any liabilities, claims, including but not limited to liabilities and claims as a result of any injuries or deaths or damages arising thereof. Volunteers joining the event are at their own choosing and at their own risk.
Green Race Liability Release. All participants will be deemed to have signed the below by joining this event.
By entering and participating at the GreenRace / GreenRetreat Event organized by you (“Event”), I, and any of my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, successors and next of kin, accept the rules, conditions, and regulations of the Event and will comply with them at all times:
1. I acknowledge that I am responsible for myself at this event and I have purchased adequate private travel insurance for the GreenRace / GreenRetreat Event to cover all medical expenses, loss of property, personal liability, trip‐cancellation or travel delay expenses which may arise from the Event.
2. I understand that by participating in the Event there are risks of injury, death and/or property loss. I hereby enter the Event at my own risk and responsibility. I discharge the Organiser and any other individual or organisation connected directly or indirectly with the Event from any responsibility in the event of loss of property incurred, during, or as a consequence of my participation in the Event, or while travelling to or from the Event.
3. I confirm that I have consulted a qualified medical practitioner and I am physically fit and capable of participating in this Event. I am not pregnant, or suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, or other chronic disease which will render me unfit to participate in the Event. I acknowledge that the Organiser has the right to disallow, disqualify or suspend me from participating in the Event at any time and without compensation if the Organiser is aware of my above medical condition.
4. I understand and accept that the risks include the fact I may become injured or incapacitated in a location in another country. I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary by the Organiser during the Event, and I agree to indemnify the Organiser for all costs relating to any medical treatment, transportation and/or evacuation that will be applied to me if I am injured in the Event.
5. I permit the use of my name and other data collected from me during the Event, in photos, broadcasts, newspapers, brochures, on‐line media and other marketing activities related to the GreenRace/GreenRetreat events by the Organiser, the Organiser’s partners, agents, sponsors and associates.
6. If I am registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult, I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of that participant/volunteer, and I have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement on that participant/volunteer’s behalf. By proceeding with registration for the Event, I agree that the terms of this Agreement shall apply equally to that participant/volunteer. Each participant/volunteer agreeing to this Agreement for him/ herself and/or on behalf of another participant/volunteer agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Organiser harmless from any liability, claim, demand, cause of action, damage, loss, or expense (including all legal costs) of any kind or nature arising from his/her participation in the Event.
7. I hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue and forever discharge the Organiser for all liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against the Organiser arising out of or in any way connected with my registration and/or participation in the Event, including without limitation any liabilities, claims, actions, or damages caused by the negligence of the Organiser, including any negligent rescue attempt, action or inaction to such extent as permissible by law.
8. I acknowledge that the Organiser shall not be liable to me for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Organiser’s sites, products or services; (b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Organiser’s sites; (c) my participation in any promotion or program coordinated by the Organiser; (d) personal injury not caused by the Organiser’s act or negligence; (e) unauthorized access to or alteration of my transmissions or data; (f) statements or conduct of any third party on the Organiser’s sites; (g) any other matter relating to the Organiser’s sites, or the Organiser’s products or services; or (h) my participation in the Event. I agree that the Organiser’s maximum liability to me, for any reason or cause whatsoever and to such extent as permissible by law, shall not exceed the total amount of monies received by the Organiser from me.
9. I agree that the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall apply to this Agreement, and to submit all disputes arising from this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
10. I confirm that I have read and understood the terms of this Agreement by signing below. I acknowledge that I should consult my own legal advisor before entering into this Agreement.